Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Rathi, Pradeep" <pr...@documentum.com> on 2001/02/01 22:38:01 UTC

Suppressing internal character entities

Hi,

I've my own handler that implements org.xml.sax.ext.LexicalHandler.
Specifically I'm interested in the method startEntity(). Is there a
mechanism to suppress the startEntity event with respect to internal
character entities such as &apos; etc. Programmatically, I could check
within the startEntity() method for each of the 5 special characters. But I
was wondering is there a cleaner solution than this brute force approach.

Thanks,
Pradeep