Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 22:21:38 UTC

Failing builds / javadoc

I recently had to disable the build of tapestry-javadoc.  From what I
can tell, the JDK on the Jenkins build server does not include
tools.jar (or perhaps it does, but the com.sun.javadoc.* classes are
not present).

Has anyone investigated a solution to this problem?  My guess is that
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/rt.jar is on the classpath, but
/usr/lib/jvm/lib/tools.jar is not (adjust for whatever version of the
JDK is on the build server). What is the right way to get tools.jar on
the classpath?  Does anyone have login access to the Jenkins build
server, which would make debugging this MUCH easier?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Failing builds / javadoc

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I've made a little progress, but may have hit some other Gradle bug:

http://gradle.markmail.org/thread/t3q4s4fjdta4h7vt

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Googling for this the other day, i was under the impression this is
> a gradle issue - ppl were basically asking for a way to include system
> dependencies, see:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/user@gradle.codehaus.org/msg03352.html
> http://issues.gradle.org/browse/GRADLE-1477
>
> As for access to jenkins, it's not possible to access the server, just
> the build
> clients (for instance vesta.apache.org). I think INFRA can set this up
>

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 23:21, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I recently had to disable the build of tapestry-javadoc.  From what I
>> can tell, the JDK on the Jenkins build server does not include
>> tools.jar (or perhaps it does, but the com.sun.javadoc.* classes are
>> not present).
>>
>> Has anyone investigated a solution to this problem?  My guess is that
>> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/rt.jar is on the classpath, but
>> /usr/lib/jvm/lib/tools.jar is not (adjust for whatever version of the
>> JDK is on the build server). What is the right way to get tools.jar on
>> the classpath?  Does anyone have login access to the Jenkins build
>> server, which would make debugging this MUCH easier?
>>
>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210