Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Louie Bounassif <lo...@netstarnetworks.com> on 2002/02/13 12:50:33 UTC

mod_proxy and buffering

Hi,

I have a set up where i am double proxying requests from one server say from
XXX to YYY to ZZZ.

Server XXX has mod_ssl, mod_proxy and mod_rewrite
Server YYY also has these modules installed.
Server ZZZ is a backend server and is where the final http request goes
before coming back.

Server XXX proxies reqests to YYY.
YYY proxies requests to ZZZ.

Now the problem i am having is as follows.
I have a perlscript on ZZZ ....this perlscript automatically flushes
its output normally and works fine when i connect to it directly; however
when i connect to it via aither of the proxies XXX or YYY
the output seems to be buffered by mod_proxy regardless of the flushing i
incorporate in my cgi scripts.

Can i force mod_proxy to flush?? its output to like i do in perl?? or do i
have to change the mod_proxy source code to do it??

Some help with this would be appreciated.

thanks heaps,

regards,

Louie Bounassif
Technical Consultant