Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christopher Bedford <Ch...@Siebel.com> on 2004/01/09 18:48:20 UTC

Using getProperty(MessageContext.TRANS_URL) does not seem to get the URL encoded parameters in the URI.

Hello...

I found what I think is a bug.

when I deploy my  axis service,  axis cooks up a wsdl definition that
gives me the access point addresss for the HTTP protocol, as follows ->

<wsdl:service name="TransformationServiceService">
   <wsdl:port binding="impl:TransformationServiceSoapBinding"
name="TransformationService">
          <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:7575/axis/services/TransformationService" />
   </wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>

I am using a little trick (well, a hack ;^)  to pass in additional
information to my service outside of the SOAP message. I am doing this
by
having my client bind to the service at address

http://localhost:7575/axis/services/TransformationService?arg1=something
&arg2=otherThing

Then in my service I try to access the URL via

	getProperty(MessageContext.TRANS_URL)

but I get this URL ->>>

	http://localhost:7575/axis/services/TransformationService

I found a work around, which is to use to put the information I want in
the SOAP action URI  and then do this ->>>

MessageContext mc = MessageContext.getCurrentContext();
String  actionURI = mc.getSOAPActionURI()

BUT,   I figured I'd report this just in case it's a bug.         Does
it seem like a bug to you experts out there ?

(forgive me if this is not the appropriate list, but in any case, I
thought this finding would be of general interest).

thanks
 - Chris