Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by ha...@students.iiit.ac.in on 2009/11/04 05:49:58 UTC

General doubts about Google App Engine

Hi,
   Is there any possibility of Google app Engine running Map Reduce behind
its framework?. I am doing a project on Google App Engine which has to
expose it into different nodes i.e into TaskTrackers, Jobtrackers.
   Basically I have to balance the load which exists while running any
application behind the scenes. I have to assign different TaskTrackers
on different machines. Does Google App Engine provide support for this?

Thank You.
Harshad Shrikhande

believed to be clean.

Re: General doubts about Google App Engine

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Google app engine has the model whereby all computation is done in the
context of a HTTP request, with fairly hard limits on CPU, memory and
thread resources.  There is no way to create a 'daemon', or long
running thread. That would defeat the horizontal scalability benefits
of a system like GAE.

Like the other requester said, EC2 might be more your thing.

Posted by Fred Zappert <fz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can run any Java app server you like on EC2, such as Tomcat or
Resin, and also take advantage of the AWS MapReduce framework.

HTH,

Fred

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by ha...@students.iiit.ac.in.