Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Terry Zhang <co...@qq.com> on 2020/03/05 13:04:39 UTC

Too slow to launch the service once ShardingJDBC is adopted

Dear ShardingSphere team,&nbsp;

We are using ShardingJDBC module in our project and running well for in prod environment. However, we are encountering a serious issue of that once ShardingJDBC is integrated within our project it can take us 1+ minutes to launch the service in our dev/test/prod environment. You know it is so slow resulting in our bad work efficiency in both dev/test and prod environment as we have to wait for its launch every time.

Due to demonstration above, we try to resolve this issue by ourselves, and move forward to this project's official website to find the resolution. Finally, we found the config item "check.table.metadata.enabled" via the web page&nbsp;
https://shardingsphere.apache.org/document/legacy/3.x/document/en/manual/sharding-jdbc/configuration/config-yaml/. Unfortunately, we gain a negative result after our trial.

Below is our test result:
---------------------------
ShardingJDBC: 4.0.0 RC3
JDK: 1.8
Database: MySQL 5.7.25&nbsp;
Tables:&nbsp; totally 465 tables, including 132 sharding tables
Enable "check.table.metadata.enabled" : about 139s elapsed.
Disable "check.table.metadata.enabled" : about 80s elapsed.
---------------------------
I attached the test log for your reference at the bottom of this email.

In summary, although we set the prop to false, it still consume about 80s, that is too low for us. I can’t confirm whether the prop is corrected, if no, please advise which one is corrected or is there other solution? Your advice is appreciated. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.&nbsp;

Rgds, Terry Zhang

------------TEST LOG ATTACHED--------

With prop "check.table.metadata.enabled = true"

2020-03-05 17:10:17.390 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.a.s.core.util.ConfigurationLogger - Properties
check.table.metadata.enabled: true

2020-03-05 17:12:09.394 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'shardingDataSource' of type [org.apache.shardingsphere.shardingjdbc.jdbc.core.datasource.ShardingDataSource] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.402 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration' of type [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$f1ce2b62] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.439 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'spring.datasource-org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceProperties' of type [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceProperties] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.457 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'dataSourceInitializer' of type [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceInitializer] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.467 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.transaction.TransactionAutoConfiguration' of type [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.transaction.TransactionAutoConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$a44e830c] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)

With prop "check.table.metadata.enabled = false"

2020-03-05 17:12:51.295 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.a.s.core.util.ConfigurationLogger - Properties
check.table.metadata.enabled: false
2020-03-05 17:14:12.015 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'shardingDataSource' of type [org.apache.shardingsphere.shardingjdbc.jdbc.core.datasource.ShardingDataSource] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:14:12.022 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration' of type [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$37874c71] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:14:12.058 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean 'spring.datasource-org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceProperties' of type [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceProperties] is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)

Re:Too slow to launch the service once ShardingJDBC is adopted

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi Terry,

Actually, some improvements have been made [1]. If possible, could you compile the master branch to jar package and give it a test?
Since I need to take some time to explore more about this issue from now on, I could only give you a rough time like three days or one week.
Given Our coming release(Not include this improvement) is on the way, if you are urgent in this demand, my suggestion is to compile mater branch yourself.
BTW, may I know your company? If you like, you can send your wechat number to me in a private email so that i can invite you to our wechat group. You know it is a proper place to discuss some detail.

Best wishes,
Trista

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/pull/4091

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panjuan@apache.org

On 03/6/2020 11:56,Terry Zhang<co...@qq.com> wrote:
Dear Trista,

Thanks for your promoted reply.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Yes, it is my pleasure to join in this community to make this FOSS better. BTW, may I know what is the timeline to improve it in the new version? As it is impacting many users, I hope it can be resolved ASAP.

Anyway, I will keep my eyes on the thread to check the status. Once it is updated, I will have a test and submit the corresponding result to community.&nbsp;

Thanks.

Best regards.

Terry Zhang