Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "GopalakrishnanNair, Anishkumar" <an...@logicacmg.com> on 2006/04/11 05:22:28 UTC

Portlet and JSF

Hi friends,

	I am trying to create a simple application with portlet and JSF on Jetspeed. I have my portlet.xml and faces-config.xml configured properly. I have defined my portlets in portlet.xml and in web.xml I have configured FacesServlet and mapped it to the url-pattern *.htm.

	In the portlet's doView method, I forward my request to the corresponding jsp file like
	PortletRequestDispatcher portletDispatcher = getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/jsp/UserLogin.jsp");
	portletDispatcher.include(request, response);

	And in the UserLogin.jsp file, I have the tag to load properties file like
	<f:loadBundle var="Messages" basename="portlet.jsf.bundle.Messages" />, it has Messages.properties file in the correct path.

	Then when I try to call the portlet, its give me exception as
	java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sun.faces.taglib.jsf_core.LoadBundleTag.doStartTag(LoadBundleTag.java:96)
	at org.apache.jsp.jsp.UserLogin_jsp._jspx_meth_f_loadBundle_0(org.apache.jsp.jsp.UserLogin_jsp:133)
	at org.apache.jsp.jsp.UserLogin_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.jsp.UserLogin_jsp:91)

	I have tried different ways to resolve it, but nothing worked. Does anyone have any idea whats going wrong here?	Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,
Anish..