Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Asai <as...@globalchangemusic.org> on 2018/08/21 20:36:29 UTC

4.9 to 4.11 upgrade broken

Greetings,

I just tried to upgrade from 4.9 to 4.11, but it looks like the system VM template I downloaded according to the upgrade guide is the wrong template.  It’s 4.11, but I upgraded to 4.11.1 and I get this error message:

Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: 4.11.1.0KVM SystemVm template not found. Cannot upgrade system Vms
	at com.cloud.upgrade.dao.Upgrade41100to41110.updateSystemVmTemplates(Upgrade41100to41110.java:281)
	at com.cloud.upgrade.dao.Upgrade41100to41110.performDataMigration(Upgrade41100to41110.java:68)
	at com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:578)
	... 53 more
2018-08-21 13:28:25,257 INFO  [o.e.j.s.h.ContextHandler] (main:null) (logid:) Started o.e.j.s.h.MovedContextHandler@15bfd87{/,null,AVAILABLE}
2018-08-21 13:28:25,317 INFO  [o.e.j.s.AbstractConnector] (main:null) (logid:) Started ServerConnector@4b1c1ea0{HTTP/1.1,[http/1.1]}{:::8080}
2018-08-21 13:28:25,318 INFO  [o.e.j.s.Server] (main:null) (logid:) Started @20725ms

Can anyone assist with getting this corrected?

Thank you,
Asai

Re: 4.9 to 4.11 upgrade broken

Posted by Asai <as...@globalchangemusic.org>.
I have downloaded systemvm4.11.1, unzipped it and put in the proper template folder, and renamed it according to the name of the previous template (4.11), then I have updated the template.properties file with the proper size in bytes and virtual size (using qemu-img info to get virtual size).  I have also updated these values in the database as well.

Basically, I don’t want to pull the trigger on this unless I get a go ahead from someone who knows what they’re doing.  I don’t want to mess up our VMs.

Thanks for your assistance.

RE: 4.9 to 4.11 upgrade broken

Posted by Yordan Kostov <Yo...@worldsupport.info>.
Hi Boris,

	Thank you! I will check it out.

Best regards,
Jordan

RE: 4.9 to 4.11 upgrade broken

RE: 4.9 to 4.11 upgrade broken

Re: 4.9 to 4.11 upgrade broken

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Yiping,

It's not a bug, you're referencing the release notes for 4.11.0.0 release. For 4.11.1.0 release, see this which has links to the 4.11.1 systemvmtemplate:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.11.1.0/upgrade/upgrade-4.9.html

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>

________________________________

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

RE: 4.9 to 4.11 upgrade broken

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi there,

You have unfortunately been given an old link to documentation.
Documentation is now at
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org

upgrade instructions are here:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.11.1.0/upgrading/upgrade/upgrade-4.11.html