Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nstoyanov <ne...@schneider-electric.com> on 2015/09/14 09:44:34 UTC

redeliveryPolicy not working

We recently upgraded from 5.10.0 to 5.11.1 and noticed that our redelivery
policy configuration stopped working. All failed messages are retried 6
times. Has something changed?

Here is the relevant part of our config:

 <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.data}"  useJmx="true"
populateJMSXUserID="true" schedulerSupport="true">

	<plugins>
		<redeliveryPlugin fallbackToDeadLetter="true"
sendToDlqIfMaxRetriesExceeded="true">
			<redeliveryPolicyMap>
				<redeliveryPolicyMap>
					<redeliveryPolicyEntries>

						<redeliveryPolicy queue="ampla.commands.submitdata.v201408"
maximumRedeliveries="3"
	redeliveryDelay="10000" />
					</redeliveryPolicyEntries>

					<defaultEntry>
						<redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="3"
initialRedeliveryDelay="5000"
	redeliveryDelay="15000" />
					</defaultEntry>
				</redeliveryPolicyMap>
			</redeliveryPolicyMap>
		</redeliveryPlugin>
	</plugins>

Re: redeliveryPolicy not working

Posted by nstoyanov <ne...@schneider-electric.com>.
It turns out we had the broker configure in code to retry 3 times as well as
having the redelivery plugin.
In 5.11.1 both seem to be taken into account and the number of retries
doubled.

We deleted the redelivery plugin from out code and everything worked as
before.