Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by swati jain <sw...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/12 11:23:55 UTC

SSLEnabled attribute in embedded Tomcat6.0

hi
Please tell me a way to configure SSL environment using embedded tomcat 6.0

I have tried it using Embedded tomcat 5.5.9 and it accepts the https
requests. But when trying to run the same code using embedded Apache tomcat
6.0, it doesnt accepts https requests.

When I debugged it, I found that no socket is formed while using 6.0
version, but a JSSE socket was formed while using 5.0 version.

IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "port", "" + port);
IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "address", "" + address);
IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "sslProtocol", "TLS");
IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "keystoreFile", keyStoreFile);
IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "keystorePass", keyStorePassword);
connector.setSecure(true);
connector.setScheme("https");
connector.setEnableLookups(false);
connector.start();
this.embedded.addConnector(connector);
than I added the connector to already started tomcat. This worked in earlier
version embedded (Apache tomcat 5.5.9 ) but not in embedded Apache tomcat
6.0.

Please help me to fnad a solution so that https requests can be handled by
embedded tomcat6.0 .

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Swati

Re: SSLEnabled attribute in embedded Tomcat6.0

Posted by swati jain <sw...@gmail.com>.
On 5/13/08, swati jain <sw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
> For this we need to set one more parameter and change the some property
> names as well. The final code will look something like :-
>
> IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "port", "" + port);
> IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "address", "" + address);
> IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "sslProtocol", "TLS");
> IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "keystore", keyStoreFile);
> IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "keypass", keyStorePassword);
> IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "SSLEnabled", keyStorePassword);
> connector.setSecure(true);
> connector.setScheme("https");
> connector.setEnableLookups(false);
> connector.start();
> this.embedded.addConnector(connector);

 Thanks all of you for the support

Posted by swati jain <sw...@gmail.com>.
hi
For this we need to set one more parameter :-
IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(this, "SSLEnabled", "true");

Posted by vi...@crestindia.com.