Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by CP Hennessy <CP...@iname.com> on 2003/01/16 19:13:30 UTC

Easiest way to use xerces to validate XML against DTD ?

Hi,
	I am trying to validate an xml file produced by openoffice
with an openoffice DTD. There are no tools available from the
openoffice project to do this, hence I am here :)
However my knowledge of XML is not that good :(

Is Xerces the best (free) tool to use to validate an XML file
against it's DTD file ?

If yes : what is the easiest way to do this ? i.e. are there any
  examples of how to do this ?

If no : what recommendations can anyone on the list give me ?

Thanks
CPH