Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/07/08 17:57:58 UTC

RE: need help about tomcat4

> i 've unzipped tomcat4 on my system and created classes
> forlder in its root dircetory for having servlet classes.i
> put all servlet classes in that folder.when i access servlet
> it give status code 404(i.e resource /servlet/classname) not
> found.what is the problem with it.

Classes go into either TOMCAT_HOME/classes (for tomcat system
classes) and TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/{myapp}/WEB-INF/classes/ (for
application classes).  Therefore you servlet classes should
be in webapps/{myapp}/WEB-INF/classes/ where {myapp} is replaced
with the correct webapp for the particular context you are
working with.

I think, maybe, it's time to go back and read the docs... ;)

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com