Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/21 01:06:08 UTC

BugRat Report #416 has been filed.

Bug report #416 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/416>

REPORT #416 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2.b7
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: windows 2k server
   OS Release: sp1
   Platform: intel

Synopsis:
isapi_redirect.dll and response.sendRedirect() problem.

Hi there!
I have been testing the TC3.2.b7 and the accompanied isapi_redirect.dll with w2k server (sp1).  TC has been running real smooth as a standalone.  With iis5 and the plugin, static stuff is real fast.  Great job on new virutal host using host names or ips.  Have not run into any problems so far.

Here is the only problem I have with the plug in:
A response.sendRedirect(<url>) in the jsp code takes about 1 minute to get to iis5.  Here is the scenario:
1. iis5log: GET /cart.jsp to isapi.dll - This jsp performs an update then does a response.sendRedirect() to itself with diff parameters.
---- after 1 minute ----
2. iis5log: GET /cart.jsp to isapi.dll - This part handled the sendRedirect.  Instant reponse.

I reviewed the isapi detailed trace log and no errors.  There were no timestamps in the log so I don't know where it stalled out.  TC standalone processes these 2 gets in 1 second which is normal.

The cart.jsp code looks like this.
Begin of cart.jsp
debug.print(in cart time)
if param.action == buy then
   update the cart
   response.sendRedirect("cart.jsp?action=display")
   debug.print(redirect time)
   return
endif

End of cart.jsp

I put debug statements to trace the action at jsp entry and within the buy logic.  It took about 1 minute after the response.sendRedirect command was exec and the next entry into this jsp.  This corresponds to the web server log.
Please check it out and email me if you need me to provide more info or whatever.

Thanks for the great job you folks are doing.