Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/07/01 02:24:17 UTC

Re: HBASE-5955

So will Guava 11.0.2 in hbase 0.94 be a problem? Should we not update Guava (at least not until 0.96)?

-- Lars

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
> IOW, whatever is specified in the POM file of individual projects is
> likely to be overridden anyway and the best the could be done
> is to avoid known gaping incompatibility holes (of which I'm not
> aware of too many).

Fair enough, but Guava is a particular problem. Map eviction listeners
completely change somewhere between r09 and r11. It could
theoretically be possible to handle that with reflection but that
would be a lot of reflection, in performance sensitive code paths, and
likely to fail only at runtime/in production if there is a mistake or
another change. So all of Hadoop should get on the same page with
this. Sadly I see Giraph just moved to 12 while everyone else is on
11.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy