Posted to commits@cassandra.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/08/11 21:20:37 UTC

[Cassandra Wiki] Update of "GitAndJIRA" by JonathanEllis

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cassandra Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JonathanEllis:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/GitAndJIRA

New page:
[From an email by Eric Evans. Cleanup welcome.]

I know there are at least a few people that use Git to work up patches
for Cassandra and so I thought I'd draw your attention to the excellent
git-jira-attacher.py[1] script by David Reisss. This script turns a
range of commits into a patch series and attaches them to Jira. See
CASSANDRA-139[2] for an example of what this looks like.

[1] http://github.com/dreiss/git-jira-attacher/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-139

I also have a fork[3] of David's repo with a couple of additional
scripts, jira-apply and jira-am.

[3] http://github.com/eevans/git-jira-attacher/

jira-apply is useful with or without Git for applying patches that may
or may not have been created with Git, think of it as a Jira enabled
version of patch(1).

jira-am is what you would use to apply a patch series that was created
by git-format-patch/git-jira-attacher.py, and attached to a Jira
incident. It will apply the attachments in order, creating a new Git
changeset for each patch in the series. Think of jira-am as a Jira
enabled version of git-am(1).

Comments, questions, suggestions, complaints, patches, etc regarding the
scripts in my repo welcome.