Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Subbiah <su...@utdallas.edu> on 2004/08/02 22:12:55 UTC

Editors

I have been using FOP for a week and I use it generate pdf letters and
reports
I find it to be very simiar to HTML structure. And the letters and reports
were usually done in WYSIWYG style.

I have spent a lot of time mapping the table structure, padding , indeting
and jutifying the content in FO
Since I belive that the are lot of people who use if for the same reason , I
want to know is there any editor avaiable that
Helps me create a basic FO.

I tried FOA http://foa.sourceforge.net/ but ran into some issues which made
me dum it

My Questions
1. Any editors avaiable to try

2. If not would it be a good idea to start building one that converts simple
HTML as there are lot of HTM editors that do WYSIWYG and convert it to FO

regards,
Subbiah

Re: Editors

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Subbiah wrote:
> I tried FOA http://foa.sourceforge.net/ but ran into some issues which made
> me dum it

Did you report the problems to FOA?

> 2. If not would it be a good idea to start building one that converts simple
> HTML as there are lot of HTM editors that do WYSIWYG and convert it to FO

See
  http://html2fo.sourceforge.net/
  http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm#XHTML2FO
Google is your friend (or should be...)

J.Pietschmann

Re: PDF type

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India wrote:
> The PDF created from FOP is low-res pdf for high-res pdf?  What is
> difference between these two?

PDF is derived from PostScript, and therefore enjoys
resolution-independence for the most part (with the
exception of embedded bitmap images, dumb stroking
and related hiccups). There is no such beast as "low-res
PDF" to the best of my knowledge.

You should rephrase the question.

J.Pietschmann

PDF type

Posted by "Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India" <ga...@integra-india.com>.
Dear All,

The PDF created from FOP is low-res pdf for high-res pdf?  What is
difference between these two?

Thanks and regards,
N. Ganesh Babu

Re: Editors

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
I think the best thing I can recommend is to look at the bottom of the
FOP Resources page[1], and search the FOP archives. There was a recent
thread on this[2]. In the not-too-distant future, I intend to update
the web site with the result(s) of that thread.

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html

[2]