Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mike <li...@dds.uconn.edu> on 2006/03/14 01:16:45 UTC

[users@httpd] keep-alive and SCGI to process on another server

any suggestions for increasing the number of keep-alive connections with
this configuration:

- web server accessed via ssl

- web server accesses host/port on a separate physical app server via
SCGI, or mod_python

i use this command for testing:

ab2 -k -n 100 https://myhost.tld/appname/action

location "/appname/" is mapped to another server/port via SCGI

ab2 tells me i get 0 keep-alive connections out of the 100.  the result
is that i'm only getting about 15 requests per second.

log files tell me that there is a separate "Seeding PRNG with 272 bytes
of entropy" message for each request, instead of only once as with
successful keep-alive requests.

any suggestions?