Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hando420 <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/03 14:59:33 UTC

Parsing xml of the search results

The default style of search results is raw xml. If i want to make it more
user friendly do i have to add stylesheet to the xml search response tags.

Thanks.
Hando

Re: Parsing xml of the search results

Posted by Hando420 <ha...@gmail.com>.
User friendly i meant that the xml is raw and not user friendly for reading.
So i wondered what is the best approach for showing the results in a more
readable way. I got replied to this post but your comments were also
valuable. Thanks.

Cheers

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
What do you mean by "user friendly"?   If you want an actual end user
search interface, it now comes out of the box on both the trunk and
3_x branch.  Fire up the example, index the example data, and go to /
browse

That UI is generated using the Velocity response writer.   You can get
Solr's response in a number of formats, such as Ruby, JSON, Python,
PHP, XSLT'd, via Velocity templates, and more.

	Erik

Posted by Hando420 <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks man this helped.

Hando