Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@apache.org> on 2019/06/25 11:55:35 UTC

Re: Apache Roadshow India in 2020?

Hi Sharan!

I'm in Gurgaon and can help/volunteer and also represent Apache CloudStack
(cc-ing other CloudStack users/devs in the area who may want to join).
Happy to help if you need help around hotel and conference center in/around
Gurgaon.

Regards.

Posted by Prateek Mehrotra <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What dates and audience size are we targeting for?

Cheers
Prateek

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 1:10 AM, Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> wrote:

> HI Rohit
>
> Thanks for the response. We are now looking for venues so we can get some
> estimates. Do you have any suggestions of where would be good for us to
> try.?
>
> I am working together with Swapnil on the proposal so will get it copied
> into the wiki page so others can view what we have done so far.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>
> On 2019/06/25 11:55:35, Rohit Yadav <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi Sharan!
> >
> > I'm in Gurgaon and can help/volunteer and also represent Apache
> CloudStack
> > (cc-ing other CloudStack users/devs in the area who may want to join).
> > Happy to help if you need help around hotel and conference center
> in/around
> > Gurgaon.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 2:52 PM Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > With all the suggestions coming up for locations for potential
> Roadshows,
> > > the idea of doing a Roadshow in India has been raised again. The
> suggested
> > > timeframe is Q1 2020 as the weather is good (not too hot, not too cold)
> > > also not too many other conferences are happening around that time. The
> > > potential location is Gurgaon / Gurugram which has good transport
> links and
> > > seems to be a tech hub. I am working with Swapnil ,who is active on
> this
> > > list and few others I know from OFBiz who are based in India who have
> > > offered to help with the organisation and management. We are currently
> > > working to put together a proposal.
> > >
> > > So as part of an initial step I would like to gauge the feedback from
> our
> > > community. What do people think? (And also is anyone interested in
> helping
> > > out ?)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Sharan

Cheers,
Prateek Mehrotra

Re: Apache Roadshow India in 2020?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
What about locations other than hotels like Universities to keep the costs
down?
--
Kevin A. McGrail
Member, Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Hello Rohit,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Sharan,

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
HI Rohit

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I'm very pleased that there's someone who is local to the area. To me,
this is pretty critical table stakes, so that we don't have someone
coordinating the event from afar. Thanks for speaking up, Rohit.

Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/
@rbowen