Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "James H. H. Lampert" <ja...@touchtonecorp.com.INVALID> on 2021/12/08 18:21:12 UTC

One other thing, Re: Updating Tomcat on an Amazon Linux 2 EC2 instance?

Also, based on what "yum check-update" returned, it appears that at the
moment, I can only go as far as 8.5.72, rather than 8.5.73. Is there a
way to go all the way to 8.5.73 without fundamentally changing how
Tomcat is installed on that instance?

--
JHHL

Re: One other thing, Re: Updating Tomcat on an Amazon Linux 2 EC2 instance?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
James,

On 12/8/21 13:21, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
> Also, based on what "yum check-update" returned, it appears that at the
> moment, I can only go as far as 8.5.72, rather than 8.5.73. Is there a
> way to go all the way to 8.5.73 without fundamentally changing how
> Tomcat is installed on that instance?

For my money, I'd stick to what the package manager provides if you want
to use the package-manager. If you want to manage things yourself, you
can always download the tarballs yourself. You get the advantage of
having "more control" (including which version you take and when) along
with the disadvantage of having to do all the work yourself.

-chris