Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2012/03/24 01:32:05 UTC

Eclipse-IDE Plugin "Wicket Bench" not existing (any more)?

When I go to page

http://wicket.apache.org/learn/ides.html

and click on "Wicket Bench" link for Eclipse then this link goes to nowhere.

Is this project out of date/closed?

Ben

RE: Eclipse-IDE Plugin "Wicket Bench" not existing (any more)?

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
That's weird because in Eclipse Indigo (and prior version) I configured
Eclipse to have the default Java editor be replaced with the wicket-bench
editor and things worked fine for me for both Wicket and traditional Java
projects. Even for traditional Java projects it saved room as the
wicket-bench editor would open the associated *.properties file for you :)

Things stopped working with the upgrade to Eclipse Juno, and I would love to
get my hands on the source code for wicket-bench to see if at least the tab
feature can be ported over to Juno as everything else can be handled by
qwickie (or add it as an optional editor to qwickie).

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
I know I use that too, but what I really liked about wicket-bench was the
bottom tabs for the Java resources. The associated HTML files and etc did
not have to be open in a different top tab but they were associated with the
Java page/panel in a list of bottom tabs per Java file.

That saved me so much time as I could use Eclipse to navigate between the
modules that make up the webapp I work on without having to manually open
the explorer to the folder where the associated resources live :)

I know this is not Wicket related, but is there a way to configure Eclipse's
default Java editor to behave as such w/o writing a plugin (I haven't looked
at Eclipse plugins in years).

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeroen Steenbeeke <j....@gmail.com>.
You could try Qwickie:

http://code.google.com/p/qwickie/

2012/3/24 Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>:
> It's dead. Someone tried to continue i tat http://sourceforge.net/projects/stump/ but no release is available.

Jeroen Steenbeeke
www.fortuityframework.com

AW: Eclipse-IDE Plugin "Wicket Bench" not existing (any more)?