Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anitha K Rao <an...@cdacindia.com> on 2003/09/15 10:43:17 UTC

To Access File in Linux.

Hi,

   I have to find a solution for this. Can Anybody help me.

My Tomcat is on Windows.
My database server is on Windows/Linux.
My Actual Content which I need to put onto database is on AIX machine.
Client can be a window/linux user.

 How can I access from Java, files which are present on AIX machines?

Best Regards
Anitha

Re: To Access File in Linux.

Posted by mourad jaber <mj...@centralpay.net>.
Hi,
It's not java problem. it's cohabitation between Unix world and Windows...

I see 3 ways :
 - If it is only read access you need, you can try to use http server....
 - Use ftp and you can use some common-net classes to use it in java.
 - Install samba on your AIX and mount share directory on your windows
and use it as local filesystem...

Mourad