Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by SebWajam <se...@wajam.com> on 2011/08/22 03:47:59 UTC

Cassandra Cluster Admin - phpMyAdmin for Cassandra

Hi,

I'm working on this project for a few months now and I think it's mature
enough to post it here:

https://github.com/sebgiroux/Cassandra-Cluster-Admin Cassandra Cluster Admin
on GitHub

Basically, it's a GUI for Cassandra. If you're like me and used MySQL for a
while (and still using it!), you get used to phpMyAdmin and its simple and
easy to use user interface. I thought it would be nice to have a similar
tool for Cassandra and I couldn't find any, so I build my own!

Supported actions:

Keyspace manipulation (add/edit/drop)

Column Family manipulation (add/edit/truncate/drop)

Row manipulation on column family and super column family
(insert/edit/remove)

Basic data browser to navigate in the data of a column family (seems to be
the favorite feature so far)

Support Cassandra 0.8+ atomic counters

Support management of multiple Cassandra clusters

Bug report and/or pull request are always welcome!

Re: Cassandra Cluster Admin - phpMyAdmin for Cassandra

Posted by André Fiedler <fi...@googlemail.com>.
Hey, that´s awesome great! Keep on that work! I love it! :o)

Posted by Keith Tanaka <ke...@yahoo.com>.
Unsubscribe, please.

________________________________
Re: Cassandra Cluster Admin - phpMyAdmin for Cassandra

Posted by SebWajam <se...@wajam.com>.

Posted by Yan Chunlu <sp...@gmail.com>.
just tried it and it works like a charming!  thanks a lot for the great
work!

Upgrade cassandra to 1.0.0

Posted by Michael Vaknine <mi...@citypath.com>.
I am upgrading Cassandra 0.7.8 to 1.0.0 got error

ERROR [SSTableBatchOpen:2] 2011-11-22 09:48:00,000
AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133) Fatal exception in thread
Thread[SSTableBatchOpen:2,5,main],
java.lang.AssertionError,
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTable.<init>(SSTable.java:99),
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader.<init>(SSTableReader.java:261)
,
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader.open(SSTableReader.java:139),
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader$1.run(SSTableReader.java:196),

java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441),
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303),
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138),
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:886),
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:9
08),
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks
Michael

Re: Upgrade Cassandra Cluster to 1.0.3

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
That should do the trick.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Sounds to me like

RE: Upgrade Cassandra Cluster to 1.0.2

Posted by Michael Vaknine <mi...@citypath.com>.
I am running java version:
java version "1.6.0_20"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.7) (6b20-1.9.7-0ubuntu1~10.04.1)

I have tried to run with -Xss96k or -Xss256k or -Xss320 but it still give me
the error

TheNode has 8GB memory and %GB allocated to JAVA

ERROR [MutationStage:104] 2011-11-15 08:55:59,408
AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133) Fatal exception in thread
Thread[MutationStage:104,5,main]
java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at
org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter.debug(Log4jLoggerAdapter.java:209)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.collectTimeOrderedData(Collation
Controller.java:74)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.getTopLevelColumns(CollationCont
roller.java:62)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getTopLevelColumns(ColumnFamilySto
re.java:1278)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.
java:1164)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.
java:1126)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.readCurrentIndexedColumns(Table.java:507)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.apply(Table.java:444)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutation.applyUnsafe(RowMutation.java:260)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.collectTimeOrderedData(Collation
Controller.java:159)
[...]

I ma getting WARN as well after changing JAVA

WARN [MutationStage:44] 2011-11-15 08:51:57,479 Memtable.java (line 142)
MemoryMeter uninitialized (jamm not specified as java agent); assuming
liveRatio of 10.0.  Usually this means cassandra-env.sh disabled jamm
because you are using a buggy JRE; upgrade to the Sun JRE instead

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Vaknine <mi...@citypath.com>.
Well,
I tried to delete the hints on the failed cluster but I could not start it
I got other errors such as

ERROR [MutationStage:34] 2011-11-14 15:37:43,813
AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133) Fatal exception in thread
Thread[MutationStage:34,5,main]
java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at
java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater$AtomicReferenceField
UpdaterImpl.updateCheck(AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater.java:216)
        at
java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater$AtomicReferenceField
UpdaterImpl.compareAndSet(AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater.java:227)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.casHead(ConcurrentSkipListMap.jav
a:359)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.insertIndex(ConcurrentSkipListMap
.java:968)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.doPut(ConcurrentSkipListMap.java:
898)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.putIfAbsent(ConcurrentSkipListMap
.java:1893)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ThreadSafeSortedColumns.addColumn(ThreadSafeSortedCo
lumns.java:88)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.AbstractColumnContainer.addColumn(AbstractColumnCont
ainer.java:122)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.AbstractColumnContainer.addColumn(AbstractColumnCont
ainer.java:117)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.readIndexedColum
ns(SSTableNamesIterator.java:183)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.read(SSTableName
sIterator.java:130)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.<init>(SSTableNa
mesIterator.java:72)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.NamesQueryFilter.getSSTableColumnIterator(Nam
esQueryFilter.java:60)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.getSSTableColumnIterator(QueryFil
ter.java:78)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.collectTimeOrderedData(Collation
Controller.java:113)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.getTopLevelColumns(CollationCont
roller.java:62)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getTopLevelColumns(ColumnFamilySto
re.java:1278)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.
java:1164)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.
java:1126)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.readCurrentIndexedColumns(Table.java:507)

187179,2-9    95%

Should I have deleted all the hints on all the clustr?
Is 1.0.0 stable enough? I am checking this and don't want to upgrade again
in a week or so.

Thanks
Michael

> Does this means that I have to wait to 1.0.3?

In the meantime you can just delete the hints and rely on read repair
or antientropy repair if you're concerned about the consistency of
your replicas.

-Brandon

Re: Upgrade Cassandra Cluster to 1.0.2

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Vaknine <mi...@citypath.com>.
Does this means that I have to wait to 1.0.3?

> After configuring the encryption on Cassandra.yaml I get this error when
> upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2
> Attached the log file with the errors.

-Brandon

Re: Upgrade Cassandra Cluster to 1.0.2

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Vaknine <mi...@citypath.com>.
Hi,

I would appreciate any help.

I have a cluster of 4 servers with replication factor 3 version 1.0.0

The cluster was upgraded from 0.7.8.

[...]

ERROR [WRITE-/10.4.251.82] 2011-11-13 10:20:37,448
AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133) Fatal exception in thread
Thread[WRITE-/10.4.251.82,5,main]

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnectionPool.isEncryptedChannel(Outbou
ndTcpConnectionPool.java:93)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnectionPool.newSocket(OutboundTcpConn
ectionPool.java:77)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnection.connect(OutboundTcpConnection
.java:209)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnection.run(OutboundTcpConnection.jav
a:93)

ERROR [WRITE-/10.64.146.54] 2011-11-13 10:20:37,449
AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133) Fatal exception in thread
Thread[WRITE-/10.64.146.54,5,main]

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnectionPool.isEncryptedChannel(Outbou
ndTcpConnectionPool.java:93)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnectionPool.newSocket(OutboundTcpConn
ectionPool.java:77)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnection.connect(OutboundTcpConnection
.java:209)

        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnection.run(OutboundTcpConnection.jav
a:93)

when I run nodetool version I get

ReleaseVersion: 1.0.2

When I run nodetool ring I get

Address         DC          Rack        Status State   Load            Owns
Token

127605887595351923798765477786913079296

10.5.6.102      datacenter1 rack1       Down   Normal  ?
25.00%  0

10.4.251.82     datacenter1 rack1       Down   Normal  ?
25.00%  42535295865117307932921825928971026432

10.64.146.54    datacenter1 rack1       Down   Normal  ?
25.00%  85070591730234615865843651857942052864

10.104.121.246  datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  9.55 GB
25.00%  127605887595351923798765477786913079296

The only server up is the one I have upgraded.

When I run nodetool ring from a different server on the cluster I get this

10.5.6.102      datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  22.56 GB
25.00%  0

10.4.251.82     datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  18.85 GB
25.00%  42535295865117307932921825928971026432

10.64.146.54    datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  16.24 GB
25.00%  85070591730234615865843651857942052864

10.104.121.246  datacenter1 rack1       Down   Normal  10.21 GB
25.00%  127605887595351923798765477786913079296

All up except for the upgraded server.

Thanks

Michael vaknine

Re: Cassandra Cluster Admin - phpMyAdmin for Cassandra

Posted by Aklin_81 <as...@gmail.com>.
Is there a way to configure the serializers to use while showing up the
stored data ??

Thanks
Aklin

Posted by Aditya Narayan <ad...@gmail.com>.