Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2013/02/05 16:20:28 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1442555 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/reporter.c

On 02/05/2013 06:55 AM, ivan@apache.org wrote:
> Author: ivan
> Date: Tue Feb  5 11:55:17 2013
> New Revision: 1442555

[...]

> +++ subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/reporter.c Tue Feb  5 11:55:17 2013

[...]

> +      /* Is this delta calculation worth our time? We'll do everything we can
> +         to avoid transmitting even an empty text-delta in that case.
> +         It doesn't matter if we are ignoring ancestry or not: we're not
> +         interested in theoretical differences between "has contents which
> +         have not changed with respect to" and "has the same actual contents
> +         as" when sending text-delta. */

You've left this comment somewhat crippled.  Suggest simplifying:

     /* We're not interested in the theoretical difference between "has
        contents which have not changed with respect to" and "has the same
        actual contents as" when sending text-deltas.  If we know the
        delta is an empty one, we avoiding sending it in either case.  */

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>
CollabNet   <>   www.collab.net   <>   Enterprise Cloud Development

Re: svn commit: r1442555 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/reporter.c

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM, C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net> wrote:
> On 02/05/2013 06:55 AM, ivan@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: ivan
>> Date: Tue Feb  5 11:55:17 2013
>> New Revision: 1442555
>
> [...]
>
>> +++ subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/reporter.c Tue Feb  5 11:55:17 2013
>
> [...]
>
>> +      /* Is this delta calculation worth our time? We'll do everything we can
>> +         to avoid transmitting even an empty text-delta in that case.
>> +         It doesn't matter if we are ignoring ancestry or not: we're not
>> +         interested in theoretical differences between "has contents which
>> +         have not changed with respect to" and "has the same actual contents
>> +         as" when sending text-delta. */
>
> You've left this comment somewhat crippled.  Suggest simplifying:
>
>      /* We're not interested in the theoretical difference between "has
>         contents which have not changed with respect to" and "has the same
>         actual contents as" when sending text-deltas.  If we know the
>         delta is an empty one, we avoiding sending it in either case.  */

Fixed in r1442867. Thanks!

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: svn commit: r1442555 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/reporter.c

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.