Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/31 21:42:55 UTC

Felix Web Console and Service Tab and JNDI names

Hello All,
I start my Felix Web Console by mvn pax:provision. On the services tab I can
see the system services like datasources/persistence et which is fine.

But I do not see any of the services which I had exported; For instance I
have a service as follows:

<bean id="bankPeristenceSericeBean" init-method="init"
class="com.xxxx.osgi.samples.bank.persistence.BankPersistenceServiceImpl">
<tx:transaction method="*" value="Required" />
<jpa:context property="entityManager" unitname="itso.bank.persistence" />
</bean>
 <service id="bankPeristenceService"
interface="com.xxxx.osgi.samples.bank.api.persistence.BankPersistenceService"
ref="bankPeristenceSericeBean">
   <service-properties>
      <*entry key="osgi.jndi.service.name"
value="persistence/bankPersistenceService*"/>
    </service-properties>
</service>

These kind of services which are custom defined do not show up in the
services tab. Any ideas please?

Also from the web module when I do a JNDI look up as follows:

Context ctx = new InitialContext();
bank = (Bank) ctx.lookup("*osgi:service/com.xxxx.osgi.samples.bank.api.Bank*
");

The look up fails! But if I ran the same bundles like Aries Blog Assembly
project the look up succeeds! Also the Aries Blog example when ran under
Felix container using the mvn pax:provision the look up fails as well!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Matt