Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sandy <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/01 20:31:08 UTC

Simple build.xml file for compiling using Hadoop pipes

Hi,

I've been trying to understand how the build.xml file works so I can start
creating my own Hadoop Pipes programs. I don't have much programming
experience in Java or ant. I've looked at some of the documentation about
ant, and checked out the included build.xml file, but there is so much extra
stuff in there, that I'm not sure where to look.

Let's assume I have a sample program, prog.C and a header file headfile.C
and headfile.h. Could someone tell me what a simple build.xml file would be
that would allow me to compile this?

I'm guessing the compile command would look something like
ant -D.compile.c++=yes myprog

Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks in advance.

-SM