Posted to wagon-dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/04/20 15:16:37 UTC

working on 0.9 release

Howdy,

Trygve just recently finished getting the embedded ftp server working in
plexus which is one of the final things I wanted working before trying
to do a public release of Wagon.

Trygve is just finising up some final touches and then I will integrate
it into the tests unless someone else wants to do it. But to get a small
release out I just wanted to:

- get the embedded ftp server integrated for ftp wagon test
- add some docs on embedded usage
- add some docs on plexus usage
- show how to use the base wagon test case for those creating new wagons
- generate the site
- create ant tasks using the embedded mode and show how to use it

I think this would be enough for the 0.9 release and from there the API
can be expanded as required and I do agree that it does. I just wanted
the basics and all tests present for the various wagons so that while
the API changes we will be safe.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: working on 0.9 release

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 09:16, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Trygve just recently finished getting the embedded ftp server working in
> plexus which is one of the final things I wanted working before trying
> to do a public release of Wagon.
>
> Trygve is just finising up some final touches and then I will integrate
> it into the tests unless someone else wants to do it. But to get a small
> release out I just wanted to:
>
> - get the embedded ftp server integrated for ftp wagon test
> - add some docs on embedded usage
> - add some docs on plexus usage
> - show how to use the base wagon test case for those creating new wagons
> - generate the site
> - create ant tasks using the embedded mode and show how to use it
>
> I think this would be enough for the 0.9 release and from there the API
> can be expanded as required and I do agree that it does. I just wanted
> the basics and all tests present for the various wagons so that while
> the API changes we will be safe.

I have setup the roadmap for the next couple versions:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10335

I'm going to try and knock everything off for 0.9 today and cut a small
release.