Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> on 2007/05/01 08:54:27 UTC

Re: Exclusions does not work with dependency managment?

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> I also tried dependency plug-in already and had the same results as you.
> It does not mention dependency we are talking about. I have no idea why.
> However, I'm almost sure. Try mvn eclipse:eclipse and import project.
> You'll see avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar in build path added so it does
> come from that module, doesn't it? Also, you'll see it while executing:
> mvn install -X
>
> Can you verify my findings?

Unfortunately yes :(

[INFO] [eclipse:eclipse]
[DEBUG] org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT
(selected for null)
[DEBUG]   commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2:compile
(selected for compile)
[DEBUG]   commons-jxpath:commons-jxpath:jar:1.2:compile (selected for
compile)
[DEBUG]     junit:junit:jar:3.8:compile (applying version: 3.8.2)
[DEBUG]     junit:junit:jar:3.8.2:compile (applying scope: test)
[DEBUG]     junit:junit:jar:3.8.2:test (selected for test)
[DEBUG]     xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:2.0.2:compile (applying version: 1.3.02)
[DEBUG]     xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.3.02:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]     commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0:compile (applying
version: 1.1)
[DEBUG]     commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1:compile (selected
for compile)
[DEBUG]       log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.12:compile (applying version: 1.2.14)
[DEBUG]       log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.14:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]       logkit:logkit:jar:1.0.1:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]       avalon-framework:avalon-framework:jar:4.1.3:compile
(selected for compile)
[DEBUG]       javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.3:compile (applying
version: 2.4)
[DEBUG]       javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.4:compile (selected for
compile)
[DEBUG]     commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:2.0:compile
(applying version: 3.2)
[DEBUG]   javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.4:provided (not setting scope
to: compile; local scope provided wins)

It seems that the eclipse plugin is using some different (buggy)
dependency resolution mechanism. Don't have time now to investigate
further, will have another look later (perhaps its a confirmed bug in
the plugin?)

rgds
Jorg

Re: Exclusions does not work with dependency managment?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

>> For now i've excluded commons-logging explicitly from commons-jxpath, it
>> is brought in by several other blocks anyway.
>
> I'm puzzled now a little. Do we have some exclusion guidelines? Previously, I thought we had to exclude only
> avalon-framework but you excluded commons-logging (I understand why, thought). Is there any documentation/list of
> excluded artifacts with two sentences of reasoning?

Nope, we usually just exclude them as we see fit (commons-logging and
excalibur/avalon-* are usually prime candidates though)

Jorg

Re: Exclusions does not work with dependency managment?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Jorg Heymans napisaƂ(a):
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-262 seems to be somewhat
> similar to our problem, I've added our findings there.

Thanks Jorg.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Exclusions does not work with dependency managment?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.