Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/30 15:27:23 UTC

open source YourKit licence

Does anyone have experience with YourKit & the open source license?
I was just asking for a license for myself (see email below), and the
web page actually says that the logo is optional (and many other
apache projects http://www.yourkit.com/customers/index.jsp seemingly
exclude it.)

Still, they are providing something for free, and they probably
deserve a bump... maybe something like the credits here:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/

So,
a) do any other committers want a license, and
b) would we be willing to put their logo somewhere in exchange?

-Yonik

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Apologies... I went off of http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/whoweare.html
It appears I forgot Mark also.
Does anyone else want a (presumably 60 day trial) license?

-Yonik

--
-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://forms.cnet.com/slink?231706

Re: open source YourKit licence

Posted by Wolfgang Hoschek <wo...@mac.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Their reply:

: I'm sending you 60 days license keys for fully featured version. If
: you'll find that 60 days if not enough, please do not hesitate to
: contact me and I'll send you prolonged license keys.
:
: I think that the permanent licenses can be discussed later.

60 day temp licenses for committers... oh well.
You can pick them up ~yonik/yourkit/

-Yonik

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
I'll propose that to them.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Lamprecht <cl...@gmail.com>.
I'm not a direct committer, although I have submitted a few patches,
some of which have been applied by Erik I think (small fixes and
testcases).  If this is good enough, I'd love a license.  I'd use it
for profiling Lucene (no kidding), as it's the CPU intensive part of
our app.  Previously I've just used java's built-in profiling
command-line options and JRockit's reporting stuff.
-chris

Posted by mark harwood <ma...@yahoo.co.uk>.
> a) do any other committers want a license, and

I'd appreciate a license.

> b) would we be willing to put their logo somewhere
> in exchange?

That seems a fair exchange provided that we 1) find
the product useful and 2) that it doesn't contravene
any apache directives about use of their
infrastructure (it can be seen as  ad placement)