Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jingmei Li <Ji...@bentley.com> on 2002/02/13 16:14:55 UTC

session in Realm - "WARNING: No active transaction" ?

Tomcat Version: 4.0
Slide Version: 1.0.16
JDK 1.3.0_01

MySlideRealm is my customized version of SlideRealm.

In MySlideRealm.authenticate() method, I'm calling some native code for my
own authentication purpose and after that I need to put some string in the
session so that I can retrieve it later in MyWebdavServlet. Somehow, when I
first start a browser, after I login I received "WARNING: No active
transaction" and nothing is in the session. Once I refresh, I can see the
string I put in the session.

The code looks like:
MySlideRealm.authenticate()
	Manager manager = null;
	Container container = getContainer();
	if (container != null)
            	manager = container.getManager();
        	Session[] sessions = container.getManager().findSessions();
	 if (sessions.length >0)
		{
		sessions[0].getSession().setAttribute("mystring", "test");
		}
	else
            	System.out.println("*** no active sessions found in
SlideRealm *** " );

MyWebdavServlet.doGet()
        String mystring = (String)req.getSession().getAttribute("mystring");

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Or anyone is doing anything with session?
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jingmei