Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by James Bates <ja...@amplexor.com> on 2002/01/09 11:28:00 UTC

XUpdate instructions with <'s in them

The following xupdate doesn't do what I had thought it would do; I
apologize if this is a known bug, and/or due to my still using the
dbXML-Core distribution...

<xu:modifications xmlns:xu=... version="1.0">
    <xu:update select="/myelement">
	   <xu:text>Some value &lt; 52</xu:text>
    </xu:update>
</xu:mofications>

This substitutes the text "Some value " for the contents of <myelement>,
in stead of the whole string with the '<' character. Is this known or is
there some detail I have missed so that doesn't what I expected?

Thanks for any information...

James