Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by my...@arcor.de on 2010/06/21 10:10:38 UTC

ExtVal CrossValidation: Testing Custom Annotations in UnitTest?

Hi,

I have implemented some custom annotations for ExtVal cross validation. Is it possible to test these ones in a simple unit test? How to setup ExtVal for this?

Thanks,
Tom

--
WM 2010: Top News, Spielpläne, Public Viewing-Termine, E-Cards und alles,
was der Fan sonst noch braucht, gibt´s im Sport-Channel auf arcor.de.

Aw: Re: ExtVal CrossValidation: Testing Custom Annotations in UnitTest?

Posted by Tom Muranko <to...@arcor.de>.
Hi Gerhard,

are these test-modules available via a maven repository? Is this working for ExtVal 2.x too?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi tom,

there's no release of the test infrastructure - it's just used internally.
maybe you have seen the discussions about a new myfaces test-framework. with
such a new tool we would be able to test libs like extval, codi,... in
combination with real jsf implementations (instead of refactored shale-test
mocks) as well as different embedded servers.

however, the differences between extval for jsf 1.x and 2.x are very small.
for now we tested them manually. as soon as we have the new test framework
you will see additional tests for the few differences.

as intermediate solution you could create a test-project with extval 1.2.x
(e.g. based on the source-code which is available in our svn). there are no
differences in the property-validation module -> as soon as your junit tests
work with extval 1.2.x, you can be sure that your annotations also work with
extval 2.0.x.
or you use a test-framework which is compatible with jsf 2.0

regards,
gerhard

Posted by my...@arcor.de.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.