Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Smith, Burton" <Bu...@Williams.com> on 2013/05/21 19:25:05 UTC

Where is a good SSL/TLS

I've been trying to figure out how to compile Apache 2.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago).  I can generate both the "No recognized SSL/TLS toolkit detected" and "Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable" errors.  I assume that means I have found the correct "--with-ssl" path based on various openSSL configurations.  I know I need a good mod_ssl and mod_jk.  If there is an alternate way to get the modules I'm missing, that would be cool too.

---
Thanks,
Burton L. Smith
w:801-584-6164
c:801-201-2897

Re: Where is a good SSL/TLS

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Where is a good SSL/TLS

Posted by "Smith, Burton" <Bu...@Williams.com>.
OK Chris,

I have to be nearing the finish line on mod_jk.  Sitting in tomcat-connectors-1.2.37-src/native and running your configuration command  I get:
	configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
	See `config.log' for more details.

I have the following packages:
	gcc.x86_64				4.4.7-3.el6
	gcc-c++.x86_64			4.4.7-3.el6
	httpd-devel.x86_64		0:2.2.15-28.el6_4
	apr-devel.x86_64			0:1.3.9-5.el6_2
	apr-util-devel.x86_64		0:1.3.9-3.el6_0.1

What am I missing?

---
Thanks,
Burton L. Smith
w:801-584-6164
Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Where is a good SSL/TLS

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Where is a good SSL/TLS

Posted by "Smith, Burton" <Bu...@Williams.com>.
Chris,

I can get yum to pull 2.2.15-26.el6, but it is missing mod_ssl and mod_jk.  I can see 2.2.15-28.el6_4, but yum will not perform the update for me to verify the modules.  Once I resolve this (should be easy) issue is resolved I can verify the performance differences in Linux.  Patches may become interesting after normal work/issues are resolved.

---
Thanks,
Burton L. Smith
w:801-584-6164
Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Where is a good SSL/TLS

Posted by "Smith, Burton" <Bu...@Williams.com>.
Sorry, mouse got away from me.

> I've been trying to figure out how to compile Apache 2.2

So wouldn't it be more effective to ask on the httpd mailing list rather than the Tomcat one?

 - Chuck

RE: Where is a good SSL/TLS

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.