Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 15:56:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache installation

Hi all,

I have installed and set up httpd 2.0.63 version of apache server and is
running good and fine with the implementaion of  clustering  Jboss.  And
when I want  to cluster , there came the need of httpd 2.2.8 version of
apache. So, I  have downloaded and configured with default with out giving
prefix while running ./configure command.. And so, there came the problem
while running, /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start  with an error
[root@praveena httpd-2.2.8]# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start
httpd: Syntax error on line 1037 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Syntax error on line 3 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/mod-jk.conf: API module
structure 'jk_module' in file /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so is
garbled - expected signature 41503232 but saw 41503230 - perhaps this is not
an Apache module DSO, or was compiled for a different Apache version?

If I want to uninstall one among them, will the problem be solved?
Or what is the best command in linux, to be given now..

Please respond at the earliest

Praveena Chalamcharla,
Securview....

Re: [users@httpd] Apache installation

Posted by j k <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed and set up httpd 2.0.63 version of apache server and is
> running good and fine with the implementaion of  clustering  Jboss.  And
> when I want  to cluster , there came the need of httpd 2.2.8 version of
> apache. So, I  have downloaded and configured with default with out giving
> prefix while running ./configure command.. And so, there came the problem
> while running, /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start  with an error
> [root@praveena httpd-2.2.8]# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start
> httpd: Syntax error on line 1037 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Syntax error on line 3 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/mod-jk.conf: API module
> structure 'jk_module' in file /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so is
> garbled - expected signature 41503232 but saw 41503230 - perhaps this is not
> an Apache module DSO, or was compiled for a different Apache version?
>
> If I want to uninstall one among them, will the problem be solved?
> Or what is the best command in linux, to be given now..
>
> Please respond at the earliest
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Praveena Chalamcharla,
> Securview....

I think you need to recompile all your modules for apache 2.2 ...

Re: [users@httpd] Apache installation

Posted by Iñigo Medina García <im...@diazdesantos.es>.
Narendra Verma wrote:
> Can you send me text of that home page,
>
> Because I never seen any home page during my installation and running
> apache.

Do you mean "text" of the traditional homepage?
Mmmh, look at for instance:
http://articles.slicehost.com/assets/2007/9/28/014_Apache_welcome_page.png

I think you can get more screenshots on the web.

    Iñigo

--
--------------------------------
Iñigo Medina García

RE: [users@httpd] Apache installation

[...]

$ gzip -d httpd-2.2.8.tar.gz

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Iñigo Medina García <im...@diazdesantos.es>.
Ch Praveena wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I could run apache server(httpd2.2.8), when configured as default.
> But, The browser is giving  message "It works!", but not the home page..
> Please let me know the reason.

That's all. "It works!" is just the homepage. :-)

    Iñigo

--
--------------------------------
Iñigo Medina García

Re: [users@httpd] Apache installation

Posted by Iñigo Medina García <im...@diazdesantos.es>.
Narendra Verma wrote:
> Its well if browser is giving ‘Its work‘ page.
>
> Because it does not give any home page like tomcat gives.

Mmmmhhh, probably you installed apache in a linux-distro like opensuse
10.+ using packages (rpm...). In some versions of some distros homepage
has been changed.

     Iñigo

--
--------------------------------
Iñigo Medina García

RE: [users@httpd] Apache installation

Posted by Narendra Verma <na...@impetus.co.in>.

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Thank you for your responses..

But the wrong done by me is, I ve run the ./configure command at the default
when configuring both the servers... I have configured the httpd2.0.63
version first and later the httpd2.2.8 version.

What I mean is, can I have the both apache servers with out uninstalling
them?

Now, Let me know if there is a way, I can run both the servers when ever

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,