Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/06 00:41:48 UTC

Re: Encouraging More Women to Participate on Apache Projects?

Hi,

I don't disagree with any of the points on this Strategy page, they seem
good to me, but it would be good to communicate with our existing project
communities as well. Ross Gardler spoke about diversity in his "Sate of the
Feather" address at ApacheCon 2015, but how many people did that reach? We
operate primarily on mailing lists and I think it would be a good idea to
use that medium. What about the President using the project mailing
lists (user and/or dev) to talk about subjects such as Diversity or the
Code of Conduct?

Niall