Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "M. Saravana Kumar" <sa...@adventnet.com> on 2004/03/04 15:26:12 UTC

[users@httpd] trimming apache

Dear All,

I am in the process of trimming apache.

After removing some scripts and some so files in lib directory, I have
achieved 3 MB apache.

Is that the minimum size that I can get?

I have the following two files under apache/lib/ directory.

    * libapr-0.so.0
    * libaprutil-0.so.0

Is it ok? or it will cause any problems?

Thanks for ur help.

regards,
Saravanakumar

Re: [users@httpd] trimming apache

Posted by "Eimantas \"EnC\" Vaic(iu-nas" <ei...@lietuvoje.lt>.
Hi

yes :) http://beta.php.lt/downloads/phpDevServer1.0.3.exe this is the
link. Don't mind the Lithuanian instalation. You can check all the
directory structure after installing this package

EnC

Re: [users@httpd] trimming apache

Posted by "Eimantas \"EnC\" Vaic(iu-nas" <ei...@lietuvoje.lt>.
M. Saravana Kumar wrote:

> Hai Eimantas,
>
> It is very great to know that ur having only 2.5MB that too with MySQL.
> Really great. We have mysql @1.7MB and 3 MB apache.
>
> MySQL version is : 3.23:58
> apache 2.0.47
>
> Is it possible for you to share those details?
>
> thanks for ur help
>
> --saravana

No probs @ all, though it's a bit out-of-date release we have there...
with apache 1.3.24(26) i'm not sure

EnC

Re: [users@httpd] trimming apache

Posted by "M. Saravana Kumar" <sa...@adventnet.com>.
Hai Eimantas,

Posted by "Eimantas \"EnC\" Vaic(iu-nas" <ei...@lietuvoje.lt>.

Posted by "M. Saravana Kumar" <sa...@adventnet.com>.
Dear All,

Could u please give more details regarding this.

i.e where I have to put this -O2 symbol and remove -g symbol.

since I am new to this please help me. I invoked ./configure --help but
it didnt give me the details.

regards,
Saravanakumar

Posted by "M. Saravana Kumar" <sa...@adventnet.com>.
Dear Nick,

Thank you for your adivice. Can you give me more details/document on
item number 1

i.e rebuilding apache with minimal configuration. I am in need of those
details for Linux and Solaris.

Particularly in Solaris httpd itself takes 3.7 MB.

Thanks for your help.

regards,
Saravanakumar

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] trimming apache

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, M. Saravana Kumar wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am in the process of trimming apache.
>
> After removing some scripts and some so files in lib directory, I have
> achieved 3 MB apache.
>
> Is that the minimum size that I can get?
>
> I have the following two files under apache/lib/ directory.
>
>     * libapr-0.so.0
>     * libaprutil-0.so.0
>
> Is it ok? or it will cause any problems?

Deleting libapr is going to cause problems.

The more relevant way to trim apache is usually to remove unused
modules. There's a new article on OnLamp.com about this, if you'd like
to see some suggestions.

--
Stretching out your hand
Full of starlit diamonds