Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Grzegorz Chwajol <gc...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/14 22:11:26 UTC

[axis2] Programming with skeletons

Hello,

I have made my first test service and a client with Axis2, starting
with WSDL and generating code with WSDL2Java tool. And it seems to
work :)
But the question is related to generating the skeleton.
For me (and according to Axis1 userguide) skeleton is a class "that
sits between the Axis engine and the actual service implementation".
However, after generating a skeleton I found a skeleton class with
metod signatures, where I found something like:
//Todo fill this with the necessary business logic
After filling with a code, it worked.

But now, when I add another operation to my wsdl and regenerate
skeleton, will I need to reimplement again logic part of all methods
(including these that were already implemented)? I would expect that
implementation is located somewhere else and it would be enough to add
only additional code relating to new operations...
I will apprieciate any suggestion.

Cheers,
--
Grzegorz Chwajoł

Re: [axis2] Programming with skeletons

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Grzegorz,
You've an interesting idea. The WSDL2Java  tool has no notion of "modifying"
a previous skeleton. It merely regenerates the the whole set of classes. I
guess Iksrazal's strategy is the best when it comes to maintaining any
previous implementations

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [axis2] Programming with skeletons

Posted by Grzegorz Chwajol <gc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by trebor iksrazal <ik...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Grzegorz,

IMHO there's not an eleqoent solution yet. My rule of
thumb:

1) Jar the generated code every time you run WSDL2Java
_except_ the skeleton and callback - don't worry about
the callback if not doing asynchronous operations.
>From my experience, those are the two classes that I
need to modify.

2) Copy the skeleton (and maybe the callback) into
your environment. Do the formatting and business
logic. Import the jar from step 1 into your env also.

3) On updates, just copy and paste the new methods
from the new wsdl and generated source from the latest
skeleton to the saved copy. Re-import the jar from
step 1.

This is all obvious I suppose, but that's at least how
I go about it.

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

--- Grzegorz Chwajol <gc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have made my first test service and a client with
> Axis2, starting
> with WSDL and generating code with WSDL2Java tool.
> And it seems to
> work :)
> But the question is related to generating the
> skeleton.
> For me (and according to Axis1 userguide) skeleton
> is a class "that
> sits between the Axis engine and the actual service
> implementation".
> However, after generating a skeleton I found a
> skeleton class with
> metod signatures, where I found something like:
> //Todo fill this with the necessary business logic
> After filling with a code, it worked.
>
> But now, when I add another operation to my wsdl and
> regenerate
> skeleton, will I need to reimplement again logic
> part of all methods
> (including these that were already implemented)? I
> would expect that
> implementation is located somewhere else and it
> would be enough to add
> only additional code relating to new operations...
> I will apprieciate any suggestion.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Grzegorz Chwajo³

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. -- Goethe"

http://mail.yahoo.com