Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Styve Arne <Ar...@hials.no> on 2007/04/24 11:06:59 UTC

Problems with maven-assembly-plugin from Netbeans 5.5...

Hi,

I'm trying to use the maven-assembly-plugin from within Netbeans 5.5
(with Mavenide installed), but when executing the goal
assembly:assembly,
I get the following message when using the predefined descriptor
jar-with-dependencies:

Embedded error: C:\Programfiler\netbeans-5.5\target\classes isn't a
directory.

but my project is not placed under the C:\Programfiler\netbeans-5.5
-folder.

I've also tried making my own descriptor, but it seems like Mavenide
cannot figure out the root of the project. I also tried including the
${project.build.outputDirectory} in my descriptor-file like this:

<assembly>
    <fileSets>
        <fileSet>

<directory>${project.build.outputDirectory}/target/classes</directory>
            <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
        </fileSet>
    </fileSets>
</assembly>

but now I get:

Embedded error:
C:\Programfiler\netbeans-5.5\${project.build.outputDirectory}\target\cla
sses isn't a directory.

Any ideas anyone ?

Regards
Arne

Re: Problems with maven-assembly-plugin from Netbeans 5.5...

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/24, Styve Arne <Ar...@hials.no>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the maven-assembly-plugin from within Netbeans 5.5
> (with Mavenide installed), but when executing the goal
> assembly:assembly,
> I get the following message when using the predefined descriptor
> jar-with-dependencies:
>
> Embedded error: C:\Programfiler\netbeans-5.5\target\classes isn't a
> directory.
>
> but my project is not placed under the C:\Programfiler\netbeans-5.5
> -folder.

I think that it is a bug in assembly plugin version 2.1. We had a
similar problem with Tiles.
Try using the 2.2-SNAPSHOT version of the assembly plugin.

Antonio