Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Sven Geisler <sg...@aeccom.com> on 2002/12/19 14:45:18 UTC

segfaults with libaprep1.1 and perl 5.8

Hi,

my company develop a web application using mod_perl (1.27) and apache
(1.3.27). We use RH 7.3 with self compiled perl 5.6.1 as SOE.
One of my targets are the handlers. We use 11 diferent perl handlers
currently.
We use libapreq 1.0 (Apache::Request) to handle file uploads and html
form data. libapreq does a great job.

We try to use perl 5.8. So we use libapreq 1.1. With this configuration
we got from time to time a segfault.
It looks like

I want to find the problem. What information are needed. What can I do?

Regards
Sven.

Re: segfaults with libaprep1.1 and perl 5.8

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Sven Geisler wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> I try to get core dumps. But I didn't find core dumps after a segfault.
> Has anyone a idea?

This should help:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/debug/c.html#Getting_the_core_File_Dumped

Re: segfaults with libaprep1.1 and perl 5.8

Posted by Sven Geisler <sg...@aeccom.com>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Posted by Sven Geisler <sg...@aeccom.com>.
Hi Joe,

I would like to support you and fix the problem.
"What can I do?" means also how can I find the bug, are there hidden
information to this kind of segfault?

Our application - a project communication management system with
integrated document management - has a lot of uploads.

What we see, the segfault is mostly not during the same request. GDB
tells us the segfault is in the glibc.

Any ideas?

Sven.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.