Posted to users@maven.apache.org by aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2007/10/23 16:13:21 UTC

potential bug (urgent): snapshot download not working

hi already started a thread, see
http://www.nabble.com/stuck-state-when-downloading-snapshots-tf4672399s177.html
where i thought i did a configuration error. but now i really think i am
heading to a bug, which is very critical and severe (in fact it makes
working with snapshots impossible!).

after downloading a snapshot apart from jar maven-metadata-internal.xml gets
created in local rep too. after that it does not compare to a new snapshot
release from internal repository, though the timestamp and respective jar
from interal rep could be newer. when deleting maven-metadata-internal.xml
from local rep, maven is willing again to compare metadata and to get latest
snapshot. this is weird, it should always compare metadata with internal
rep.

has anybody got similar problems? maven2 jira showed me some issues
regarding this but they are told to be fixed. i am using maven 2.0.7.

apart from above problems i noticed that the timestamps in
maven-metadata-internal.xml are not correct. funny thing is that the
timestamp is set two hours earlier as my system clock.

Re: potential bug (urgent): snapshot download not working

Posted by aldana <al...@gmx.de>.

Tim Kettler wrote:

> The default update-checking frequency for artifacts is once per day. You
> can configure this on a per repository basis in your repository
> definitions with the <updatePolicy> tag. See here [1] for an description.

sorry for being too unprecise (i forgot to copy this from the other thread).
i am already using the updatePolicy flag, but still it does not work:

<repository>
    <id>internal</id>
    <url>file:///myInteralURL</url>
    <snapshots>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
      <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
    </snapshots>
</repository>

the always flag just gets ignored.

Re: potential bug (urgent): snapshot download not working

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

aldana schrieb:
> hi already started a thread, see
> http://www.nabble.com/stuck-state-when-downloading-snapshots-tf4672399s177.html
> where i thought i did a configuration error. but now i really think i am
> heading to a bug, which is very critical and severe (in fact it makes
> working with snapshots impossible!).
>
> after downloading a snapshot apart from jar maven-metadata-internal.xml gets
> created in local rep too. after that it does not compare to a new snapshot
> release from internal repository, though the timestamp and respective jar
> from interal rep could be newer. when deleting maven-metadata-internal.xml
> from local rep, maven is willing again to compare metadata and to get latest
> snapshot. this is weird, it should always compare metadata with internal
> rep.

The default update-checking frequency for artifacts is once per day. You
can configure this on a per repository basis in your repository
definitions with the <updatePolicy> tag. See here [1] for an description.

> has anybody got similar problems? maven2 jira showed me some issues
> regarding this but they are told to be fixed. i am using maven 2.0.7.
>

> apart from above problems i noticed that the timestamps in
> maven-metadata-internal.xml are not correct. funny thing is that the
> timestamp is set two hours earlier as my system clock.

-Tim

[1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.4/maven-settings/settings.html