Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/07 08:39:04 UTC

Re: MD5 and ASC mismatch

On 7.10.2011. 5:41, Amrap Software Developer wrote:
> Dear Ivan,
>
> My name is Ruben I wanted to use the log4php lib this morning. But I
> noticed that there is a mismatch in the check sum. Both using MD5 and ASC.
> Can you please verify this?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Best regards,
> Ruben.

Hi Ruben,

I will forward our conversation to the developers mailing list.

I just checked signatures and keys for our latest releases and they seem
to be fine. Here's the output of my checks:
http://pastebin.com/AMu7iueW

I have downloaded the 2.1.0 release, keys and sums from here:
http://logging.apache.org/log4php/download.html

And the KEYS file from here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/logging/log4php/KEYS

The Warnings which are displayed are a trust issue, you can read more on
that here:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html

Can describe what you did to get the mismatches?

Regards,
Ivan

Re: MD5 and ASC mismatch

Posted by Amrap Software Developer <sd...@amrap.org.au>.
Hi Ivan,

"Problem" solved. According to your website the download link on the page goes to http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/logging/log4php/2.1.0/apache-log4php-2.1.0-src.tar.gz
But this is a HTML page and the source files. So I simply downloaded the wrong file doh Thanks for your help though.

Regards,
Ruben.