Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org> on 2012/10/19 23:22:55 UTC

Hive installation

Hello all,

I'm trying to install Hive on a four-node Hadoop cluster and am a bit confused by the instructions in the wiki. Am I to install Hive on one node or client and have it point to the distributed Hadoop cluster? Or is there a distributed installation of Hive that I'm missing?

So far I've done everything in the wiki except for configuration, I copied the hive-default template and used it as is for hive-site.xml. I also copied hive-env default and used it as hive-env.sh I am getting this error:

[hduser@NYSGBDNNVM01 hive]$ bin/hive
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveConf
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf
        ... 3 more

Am I supposed to copy the hive jar into the Hadoop lib folder?

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

--------------------

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

--------------------

Re: Hive installation

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org>.
Indeed, but you don't learn if you rely on 3rd party. I see what you're saying though, that's what Ambari project is for.

Posted by "Connell, Chuck" <Ch...@nuance.com>.

RE: Hive installation

RE: Hive installation

RE: Hive installation