Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Johannes Hugo Kitschke <jo...@rwth-aachen.de> on 2015/04/03 13:39:19 UTC

Storm Cluster + Cluster Queue

Hi,

till now I used the local mode to test my topology. Now I want to use a
'real' storm cluster, but I am a bit overwhelmed concerning the number
of things I have to setup. Before I dig into all of this I'd like to
hear your opinion if my plan is in principle possible: I have access to
the cluster of my university which provides a queue system for larger
jobs (I am aware that this is not the typical use case for Storm, but
atm this is a academic / proof of concept project). So my first idea to
use this:
Run all processes on a single node. Setup and start all necessary
services with a single script. Is this is in principle possible? Maybe
some of you even did this and could give me an example script.

What are your thoughts?

Have a nice day,
  Johannes

Re: Storm Cluster + Cluster Queue

Posted by Andrew Xor <an...@gmail.com>.
Well in that case, we must give a shout-out to wirbelstrum from Michael here

https://github.com/miguno/wirbelsturm

Hope this helps.

Posted by Nathan Leung <nc...@gmail.com>.
I don't recall off the top of my head exactly but it's something like

cd <storm install>
./bin/storm nimbus
./bin/storm ui
./bin/storm supervisor
cd <zookeeper install>
./bin/zkServer.sh start

At least with older versions (I haven't tried with newer) you need to be in
the cwd you want storm to use when you start the service, especially
supervisor.
On Apr 9, 2015 9:33 AM, "Johannes Hugo Kitschke" <

Posted by Johannes Hugo Kitschke <jo...@rwth-aachen.de>.

--
Johannes Hugo Kitschke
Am Bollet 6