Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 15:46:51 UTC

Updating VR template, without ACS update

Hi,

I was wondering is it possibe to update/replace the VR template somehow
without actually updating the ACS.

I'm running ACS 4.3.0, and having some issues with remote IP not being
really shown during Port Forwarding and Static NAT (VR also does SNAT
beside the DNAT)

I know question is a little bit weird - but...

Another Q: I can see that after ACS is upgraded, there is restart of each
System VM needed - we have over 50-60 VPCs - this also means that I need to
wait for 60 VRs to reboot.
Is there any drawnback of runnng existing VRs after ACS 4.3.0 is updated to
4.3.2 and then later manually reboot each VR from Infrastructure/Virtual
Routers ?

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Updating VR template, without ACS update

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Marcus, will probably activate the recreate on reboot stuff.

You said you manually reboot/recreate VRs after upgrade, instead of using
the script - you finish all VRs upgrade/recreate before actually giving
client access to cloudstack again?

I mean - there is operational risk as you pointed out, if after upgrade I
dont use script for VR upgrade, and reboot/recreate each VR manually during
the next couple of days...if clients are modifying their VPCs before the VR
is upgraded...

If for any reason I need to downgrade, I guess I would need to recreate all
VRs/ssvm/cpvm again...

Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Andrija

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.