Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jeffrey Zhao <jz...@rivit.ca> on 2012/02/16 17:42:46 UTC

POI freezing?

I'm using POI 3.6 to get text contents from Windows office document and having intermittent freezing.
The java thread calling  this part hangs sometimes.
Have you experience similar problems?  I'm using following code.

	String txt = "";
		POITextExtractor txtExtractor = null;

		try{
			txtExtractor = ExtractorFactory.createExtractor(in);
			txt = txtExtractor.getText();
			txt = txt.trim();
			txtExtractor = null;
		}catch(Exception e){
			log.error(e.getMessage(),e);
		}

		txt = txt.trim();

		return txt;

Under the C:\Windows\Temp\poifiles folder, there are 6GB of file named as: poi-ooxml-xxxxxxxx.tmp.
I think these files are failed to be removed by the POI library since it is hang.

Any solutions for this issue?

Thanks.

Re: POI freezing?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Jeffrey Zhao wrote:
> I'm using POI 3.6 to get text contents from Windows office document

I'd suggest you try a more recent version, such as POI 3.8 beta 5 - there
have been lots of bug fixes since 3.6

Nick