Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "TERENCE YEO KAI SIANG, CUSD" <TE...@hq.psa.com.sg> on 2000/06/27 11:59:07 UTC

Build Fatal Error??

Hi :

I'm new to the Ant Utility and was unsure of the following error :

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to:
/usr/netscape/iPlanet/ias6/ias/iasProjects/estore/src
Executing Target: compileSingle
Compiling 1 source files to
/usr/netscape/iPlanet/ias6/ias/iasProjects/estore/src/lib/classes
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Target `MyTest.java' does not exist in this project.

Basically, what my compileSingle target does is :

  <target name="compileSingle">
    <javac srcdir="${estore.src}/lib/java"
           destdir="${estore.classesdir}"
           includes="${estore.singleSource}"
           classpath="${estore.classpath}"/>
  </target>

${estore.singleSource} being a property set when invoking the ant utility.

MyTest.class was successfully generated in the appropriate directory but why
does it complain the above error message??

Any ideas will be appreciated :)

Thanks.

Terence

Re: Build Fatal Error??

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 T> BUILD FATAL ERROR: Target `MyTest.java' does not exist in this

 T> ${estore.singleSource} being a property set when invoking the ant
 T> utility.

Hmm, does your Ant invocation look like

ant -Destore.singleSource= MyTest.java

or something similar?

Ant thinks you are invoking a target named MyTest.java although I
don't see why compileSingle get's invoked.

Stefan