Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by sac sha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 15:29:40 UTC

Backward compatibility in Lenya 2.0 (Lenya 2.0 modules in Lenya 1.2.5)

Hi All

I am using lenya 2.0 for development of new site. I have developed few
modules for that. But I have my old site running on lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon
2.1.9. I want to have the new functionalities in my old site as well.

Is there any way that I can use new modules developed in lenya 2.0 in the
lenya websites based on lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon 2.1.9 ?

My specifications:
New: Lenya 2.0.2
Old: Lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon 2.1.9

--
Regards
Sac

Re: Backward compatibility in Lenya 2.0 (Lenya 2.0 modules in Lenya 1.2.5)

Posted by sac sha <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Not yet. Just wondering if I could find backward compatibility.

But yes I can give a try to it now.

Thanks Jann

Sac

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch> wrote:

> Hi Sac
>

>> I am using lenya 2.0 for development of new site. I have developed few
>> modules for that. But I have my old site running on lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon
>> 2.1.9. I want to have the new functionalities in my old site as well.
>>
>> Is there any way that I can use new modules developed in lenya 2.0 in the
>> lenya websites based on lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon 2.1.9 ?
>>
>> My specifications:
>> New: Lenya 2.0.2
>> Old: Lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon 2.1.9
>>
>>  Did you try to use the migration module to migrate the content from 1.2.5
> to 2.0.2.
>

> Jann

Regards
Sachin Sharma

Re: Backward compatibility in Lenya 2.0 (Lenya 2.0 modules in Lenya 1.2.5)

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch>.
Hi Sac

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
sac sha wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using lenya 2.0 for development of new site. I have developed few
> modules for that. But I have my old site running on lenya 1.2.5 and
> cocoon 2.1.9. I want to have the new functionalities in my old site as
> well.
>
> Is there any way that I can use new modules developed in lenya 2.0 in
> the lenya websites based on lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon 2.1.9 ?
>
> My specifications:
> New: Lenya 2.0.2
> Old: Lenya 1.2.5 and cocoon 2.1.9
>
> --
> Regards
> Sac

In general, modules developed for 2.0 will not be backward compatible
with 1.2.5. You would have to rewrite portions of them.

Richard