Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kiot <ki...@centrum.cz> on 2008/06/26 17:59:45 UTC

Gmap2 problem with Firefox 3.0

Hello,
i have a problem with gmap2 example application under the Firefox 3.0 . Maps
are loaded, but are not
shown correctly. I tried the same app in FF2, Opera 9, IE 7 and it works
fine. Firebug shown any error
so i don't where the problem can be.
Is there anybody with the solution?
Thanks, Tomas

Re: Gmap2 problem with Firefox 3.0

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Ryan Sonnek wrote:
> On 6/26/08, Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sven Meier wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm investigation the issue:
>>> It seems that Google's css is being screwed up in FF3. When I let Wicket
>>> strip all wicket tags *or* assign pixel width (instead of 100%) to the
>>> element holding the map, everthing works fine in FF3.
>>>

>> btw. Sven,
>> I now can confirm the effect of stripping too.
>>
>> so a quick solution would be running the app in deployment mode.
>>
>> Can the "strip wicket tags" setting be declared at a component level, or
>>
> does it affect the entire server?

As I read the code it is declared on application level.

Is there a chance to implement something like:

public IMarkupSettings getMarkupSettings() {
        return Application.get().getMarkupSettings();
}

in Component? Of cource replacing all occurrences of
'Application.get().getMarkupSettings()' in Component with
'getMarkupSettings()' ?

That way subclassed Components could overwrite the getMarkupSettings and
roll their own settings.
I'm not sure though, if the settings have implications that go beyond
the Component?

mf

Re: Gmap2 problem with Firefox 3.0

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Murat Yücel wrote:
> I am not able to see the examples in IE 7 either. Could you confirm this?

Yeah, can soemone confirm this. I currently don't have access to a
windows machine.
> There also seems to be a problem with using png images as a marker.
> Found this fix which seems to solve the problem.
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pnghowto.htm

Same on this issue.

Also could someone give some feedback if stripping the wicket tags makes
a difference for IE too?

mf

Posted by Murat Yücel <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Rafa? Jaskó?ka wrote:
> Yes, I didn't updated example sources for few days. And realized that I
> should do it, after sending previous post :)

yeah:-) sorry for the arrogant tone in my mail.

I just added a little logging message too. So if the programmer doesn't
notice the sysadmin will tell him.

mf

Posted by Rafał Jaskółka <rj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.