Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Insightum Data <in...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/29 19:08:03 UTC

Extending Druid management UI

We just upgraded to 0.16 release and very excited to see the new management
UI.
Thanks for all the awesome work you guys have been doing.

We have some internal use cases and would like to build them on top of
existing druid management UI by extending it -

   1. Is it possible to add new tabs to the UI via druid extensions ?
   2. any guidelines/sample code or pointers to existing extensions around
   the UI would be helpful
   3. We do not want to show some information to some user groups e.g. we
   do not wish to show the internal server information, is it possible to hide
   specific tabs for a user group via some configurations ?

Re: Extending Druid management UI

Posted by Vadim Ogievetsky <vo...@apache.org>.
Thank you! I appreciate your excitement!

There are no ways currently of extending the console via an extension (save for replacing it wholesale).
Could you file GitHub issues detailing exactly what you would want to achieve and how it might look like?
For example what information would you want to hide and from who?

Best regards,
Vadim