Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/03/21 23:30:43 UTC

mvn -Dtest=false = mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=false

I just found out that -Dtest=false is the same as -
Dmaven.test.skip=true... for those that don't like to type so much...
FYI.

--jason

Re: mvn -Dtest=false = mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=false

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Sorry guys... I mean to send this to dev@geronimo.a.o.

Though, thanks for the explanation for why this works Jason :-)

--jason

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Ah, thats good to know too :-)  Though its too bad that phases still
fire for test stuff when -Dmaven.test.skip=true, as often times when
you need to generate something for test, but you have the tests
turned off, you end up wasting time executing plugins for no reason.
Minor, but kinda annoying.

--jason

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.